Author(s): Myung K. Park
Medical & Nursing
This handy, pocket-sized guide provides the practical knowledge needed to diagnose and manage children with congenital and acquired heart disease. Extensively revised and updated to reflect the rapid changes in the field, it emphasizes new medical management and surgical techniques, as well as the results of surgery for a number of cardiac conditions.
- Offers comprehensive and reliable information in a quick access format.
- Organized to facilitate decision-making.
- Features a new chapter on pulmonary hypertension and a new discussion of pacemakers in children.
- Updates all chapters, with extensive revisions in the chapters on electrocardiography · blood pressure measurement techniques · new normative blood pressure standards · infective endocarditis · Kawasaki disease · rheumatic fever · cardiomyopathies of various types · supraventricular tachycardia · premature ventricular contractions · syncope · long QT syndrome · and hyperlipidemia.
- Provides new "Postoperative follow-up" sections where appropriate.
- Includes new illustrations for quick and in-depth understanding of the text.
- With additional contributing experts.
- Spanish version of 2nd edition also available, ISBN: 84-8174-429-8